By: Reena Sharma
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Key to cooking fresh food along with stressful work life is advance preparation and getting up early.
Early morning Brown Rice(in electric cooker) and Dal/Lentil(pressure cooker)/Soup are kept before starting morning rituals.
Frozen cut veg or quick cutting vegetables are stir fired with very basic seasoning and put the lid with low heat. So by the time I'm ready for work my half cooking is done.
Evening when I enter home all I do is make hot Roties (Phulksa)/Tortias/Indian Bread and Season the boiled dal (lentil)/Soup.
Stock Dosa batter/Indian Pancake batter
Make some chutneys/sause/dips in weekend
Stock cut salad so you save some time.
Use tomato paste & tamarind paste, ready seasoning like McCormick's spices, or make your own combination to accelerate cooking.
You've to give up traditional cooking and stick to very basic cooking to keep up with healthy life style.
If healthy fresh cooked food is not in kitchen Junk food find it's way.
Just wake up 20min early than your daily routine and try whatever I suggested.Cooking is rapid & swift in the morning than evening. By end of the day we are really stressed and tired. We can get more mileage out of ourself only in the morning. Planning and preparation will keep our diet on track and we can stick to healthy life style.
By: Reena Sharma
Friday, April 8, 2011
Dr. Moreno, a Kaiser Permanente family medicine doctor from San Diego, says that his diet is different because it doesn’t deprive dieters or restrict calories. Instead, he says, it changes the types of foods that you eat allowing for your body to process foods in a new way. “It's like getting a cleanup for your car,” explains Dr. Moreno.
The diet plan is arranged around four 17-day cycles in which different types of foods are paired together in order to stimulate the body's metabolism for weight loss. The dieter switches cycles every 17 days in order to prevent the development of a routine, similar to the strategy of weight lifters who change their workouts frequently in order to get their bodies to preform more efficiently. “It takes 21 days for the body and the mind to start to doing things without putting much effort into it,” explains Dr. Moreno to GMA special correspondent Cameron Mathinson. “In 17 days, just about when your mind wants to develop a habit, we switch things.”
The Diet Plan
The first 17 days cycle is the hardest and when the majority of the weight comes off. This cycle is called “Accelerate” and completely eliminates unhealthy carbs and bad eating habits. According to Dr. Moreno this phase both cleanses and hydrates your body. The second cycle of the diet, called “Activate”, stimulates fat burning. The third cycle, “Achieve” is when the weight loss begins to slow down and the dieter incorporates more healthy foods. The final cycle is “Arrive” is the maintenance phase of the program and allows for occasional splurges.
The diet is completely void of sugar and other unhealthy foods such as fried or processed items. Dieters are allowed to eat unlimited amounts of lean protein and vegetables. Dr. Moreno encourages substituting certain foods, such as fruit and nectars instead of sugar and mustard instead of mayonnaise. Certain spices and foods, such as garlic, cinnamon and Greek yogurt are also incorporated to help the body metabolize and process nutrients in a healthy way. The 17 Day Diet also has one rule: no fruit or starchy carbohydrates after 2pm.
In addition to diet changes, the plan requires 17 minutes of power walking and the use of a 17-minute workout DVD provided with the purchase of the book.
The website for the diet book, www.The17DayDiet.com provides dieters with an additional bonus: recipes that can be sent directly to your email, including the recipe for the popular breakfast “Power Cookie”. This healthy cookie contains whey, flax seed, almond paste, cherries, and nectar along with other healthy ingredients.
“I think that another thing that separates this diet from all the others is that Dr. Moreno emphasizes the power of the mind, really truly visualizing who you want to be in order to allow it manifest. Stay mindful, really mindful, throughout the day; not allowing yourself to get too hungry because then you are more likely to binge and loose control.” says Mathinson.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- Exercise: "move it to loose it".
Walk, run, dance, playing with kid or just doing household work.
- Smart Food Choice: Healthy and balanced Food, portion control and lots of water.
- Be Happy: Try to Keep Depression away. Listen to music, talk to close friend or loved ones, hug your kids, play with pet, take time for you hobbies. Exercise keeps depression away.
- Self-Control: Don't lose your hard work & goal in emotions, whether it's Celebration, happiness or depression or being part of any event or self-sympathy.
- Self-motivation: Keep rewarding yourself and find a way to get up and start again. It's never too late, to correct yourself and be back on track.
- Revise your Goals: Keep weighing yourself and rework on your action plans. As with time weight may change or it may hit a Plato so you need to step up to get more result. Never be shy or scared to check your weight, face it and prepare to conquer.
- Planning and Preparation: Plan your exercise and prepare for meals in advance will always keep you on track.
- Rest: Well 8hrs of rest is must for body to get recharged otherwise it goes in fatigue and chances of slipage is maximum. Weak and tried bodies are perfect home for diseases so make sure to follow the last rule. But not more than 8hrs as anything is excess is bad for body.